Speedreading31 August 2020 2021-03-19 9:34
Why you need Speedreading
With so many reports, procedures, protocols and general documents to be read, people struggle to find and retain the information they need and keep up with the quantity that faces them. If you find yourself reading the papers while the discussion is going on, playing catch-up rather than keep-up, then you need speedreading.
Why is it good
There is no single system for speedreading, it is made up of a range of techniques and this session introduces participants to each and gives practical experience of using them. People can then decide which works best for their individual style and build skill and speed through focused use.
The purpose of speedreading is not to read a thousand words a minute, all the time. It is to read fast through irrelevant information and then read efficiently and effectively when you need to absorb detail in order to understand enough to have useful discussion and make good decisions.
• The training offers a selection of speed reading techniques, supported by exercises to develop the physical ability of the eye to move faster and the brain to process information at greater speed.
• Learn how to preview a document and determine the purpose of reading it.
• Read faster without losing comprehension.
• Build up the speed of movement of your eye and broaden your peripheral vision to take in more information at a glance.
• Scan a document to find the relevant information.
• Skim read to gain a general understanding of the content.
• Process multiple documents to find related information.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to read efficiently and effectively
A course at your workplace
Duration: one day (usually 9:30 – 4:30). It is also possible to offer a ‘lite’ version lasting half a day which focuses on the techniques for reading efficiently
Minimum of six delegates, maximum of twelve
You need to provide a suitable room and a flipchart/pad, we bring all course materials and stationery; detailed reference notes and provide post-course support.
Delegates receive a certificate carrying the CPDSO accreditation mark.
Learn how to read fast and efficiently to cope with the quantity of paperwork needed for meetings.
Twelve short lessons, each focused on a different technique, to be used alone or in combination. Each with some practice and guidance on bringing it into everyday use.
Enter your email address to register to our newsletter subscription
delivered on a regular basis!